Join Blue Sparrow Apps
Our award winning app development team use the latest tech to solve challenging problems for our customers. Based in brand new offices in South Bristol, we're on the lookout for great developers to join us.
C# Software Engineer £31,200 - £38,600
We are looking for a talented software engineer to join our highly skilled development team. You’ll have some commercial experience of C#, and a passion for great code – we’ll provide additional training.
We develop beautifully crafted mobile apps for businesses across the world. Some of the apps we’ve built include a sports app in the App Store top 10, an app for police front line officers, and an app for pop-up restaurants.
We’re really proud of our culture – it’s important to us that we enjoy our work, have high professional standards and share the growth journey together.
The role will include:
- Working as part of our highly skilled team developing mobile apps
- Using the latest tech to solve challenging problems
- Working on new projects, maintaining existing ones and fixing issues
- A Continuous Integration environment where we continually improve our code quality, including writing unit tests and UI tests
- Flexible working – we currently do 2 days in the office and work from home on other days
- A great office environment, including bike and shower facilities
- Friendly team with regular lunches out
- Possibility of part time role
Skills and Requirements
- 2 years experience of commercially using C#
- Good knowledge of coding structure and practices (e.g. object orientation, separation of concerns etc)
- Beneficial, but not essential: Azure, DevOps, Xamarin (now .NET MAUI), Web APIs
Our tech stack:
We develop primarily in using Microsoft tools and in particular Xamarin (.NET MAUI), which is a C# cross-platform development tool. We deploy on Azure, and use Visual Studio and Git. We write unit, integration tests using Moq and UI tests with Xamarin Test Cloud.
If your application is successful, you will be invited to attend an interview. This is a chance for you to get to know us, and for us to find out about you. We’ll introduce you to the team, ask you a bit about yourself, and tell you about the role. You’ll also spend some time pair programming with one of our developers to give you an idea of how we work.
If you’d like to apply, please send your CV to email@example.com